1 Uncool Thing about the COMPARE_SYNC Package

It only works in version 12 :( That’s right, I didn’t test in previous versions and there was a bug. Please refer to the COMPARE_SYNC post for the new, improved version. Here is what I changed:

  1. The name is now COMPARE_SYNC. I don’t know what got into me to put those four meaningless letters in front.
  2. The column lists are formatted so that no line is longer than 80 characters.
  3. The column lists are now CLOBs, so there is no artificial limit on the number of columns.
  4. When generating the column lists, I query ALL_TAB_COLS differently for version 12 and previous versions. In version 12, I query the new USER_GENERATED column, and in previous versions I query HIDDEN_COLUMN instead.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s